The results of the latest UK budget are being reported in the press.
The headline in most of the papers is that the " pensioners fund tax cut of income tax cut for 300,000 richest households meaning 4.4 million tax-paying pensioners to lose out."
The current UK government will go down in history as the group of people who did the most to damage the financial futures of older people even more than Gordon Brown.
It is about time the institutions in the UK that represent older people (I am talking about Age UK and Saga) make it clear that they have no intention of dealing with a government that is hell bent on extracting as much money from older people as it possibly can.
From a marketers perspective it will be interesting to see how a very large group of influential people (both financially and in political terms) can counter a government that is hellbent on punishing the old. OK, I have written about this subject more than I should. This is the last blog on the subject. Dick Stroud
About Dick Stroud
Dick Stroud is the founder of 20plus30, a consultancy specialising in marketing to older consumers. He is the UK’s leading expert in understanding the implications of physical ageing on the way older people behave and the products they buy.
Skype Name: dickstroud
Dick Stroud’s websites
- AF Audit Tool
- The 50-Plus Market
- Internet Strategies
- Apps and Tablets
- Web video for older consumers
- Kim Walker Silver Group Asia
News, views and opinions about the most powerful group of consumers - the 50-plus market.
Thursday, March 22, 2012
Search our site
Most Recent Posts
- Five Millennial Myths
- Musical chairs not zero sum game
- A useless snippet of information
- The Financial Times - how can you be so amateurish...
- Debt and the older consumer
- Why so many companies fail to sell tech to seniors...
- Where will all of the 65+ work?
- Learning to ski for ageing joints
- Age UK is launching an accreditation scheme
- In 6 mins all of the things that have ever frustra...
- 20plus30 presentations
- 50-plus agency
- Age Neutral
- Legal Services
- Market Research
- Mobile marketing
- Personal Gripes
- Physiological Ageing
- Post ads
- Social networking